Call for Projects 2018
Download our call for projects: Call for projects – Pure Ocean Fund – 2018
The first Pure Ocean’s call for projects will focus on 3 priority themes:
- Monitoring changes in ocean life (productivity, biodiversity, distribution or ranges) and characteristics (temperature, currents or chemical cycles) and therefore their impact on global systems.
- Achieving sustainability of any marine resource exploitation (algae, energy, minerals, or pharmaceuticals).
- Identifying techniques/methods that restore and/or increase the resilience of the environment whether local or global, and stabilise and/or increase natural biodiversity.
About 30 projects will be preselected by the Pure Ocean team before being judged according to specific selection criteria by our scientific committee.
Pure Ocean is looking for projects in five major areas of the world: Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, Indian Ocean, Mediterranean Sea and polar regions.
There is no age limit or status restriction for the applicant but rather specific selection criteria:
- Co-construction – Reflects inter- or transdisciplinary, collaboration and knowledge-sharing among a variety of stakeholders (e.g., research institutes, government agencies, non-governmental organisations, public or private sector).
- Engagement – Demonstrates passion and determination along with the gathering of all relevant and realistic resources to reach effective global change.
- Innovation – Improves our current way of interacting with the planet by developing new visions, techniques and methods, 3 axes of innovation will be considered: technological, social and ecological (inspired by nature).
- Impact – Corresponds to one or more of the priority themes described above with clearly-defined short, medium, and long term deliverables and outputs as well as measurable, lasting impacts.
The selected projects can be funded for up to two years, partially or in full at the discretion of the Scientific Committee.
How to apply and key dates?
The call for projects will open on Monday 9th of April 2018. Please apply before Sunday 20th of May 2018 by midnight GMT. Incomplete forms will be disqualified.
For any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.