The ocean covers 70% of our planet and represents 97% of the water on earth. It connects humans, provides food and oxygen, regulates our climate by absorbing nearly a quarter of the CO2 produced and shelters a great diversity of species. 250,000 species have been discovered, while it is estimated that there are between 2 and 5 million. So 9 out of 10 species still remain to be discovered.
But the ocean is in danger! Between global warming, plastic pollution, overfishing, loss of biodiversity, destruction of habitats, the challenges are enormous.
Our ambassadors have decided to get involved with Pure Ocean to raise public awareness of the importance of protecting the ocean and marine biodiversity and to publicize the foundation’s actions. The role of the ambassadors, both through their fame and their activity, is to raise awareness, to give visibility and to contribute to the support of scientific projects.
Convinced that sport is a vector of transmission, their commitment is essential in order to spread values and convictions around respect for nature.
Arnaud Jerald – Freediver
Jean-Pierre Dick – Sailor
Morgane Ursault-Poupon – Sailor
Sébastien Destremau – Sailor
Denis Gargaud – Kayakist
Nature Woman – Triathletes
Ludovic Gérard – Sailor
Amaury Lavernhe – Bodyboarder
Marie Bolou – Sailor
Ambre Papazian – Windsurfer
Virgil Aubriot – Sailor
Fabio Gennari – Sailor
Jessie Kampman – Kitefoil athlete
Manon Peyre & Clara-Sofia Stamminger – Sailors
Frédéric Switala – Sailor
Join the team of Pure Ocean ambassadors !
Pure Ocean is looking for committed ambassadors in all the different water sports : kite foil, sailing, snorkeling, scuba diving, swimming, surfing…
To support ocean research and your playground, join our team of ambassadors !
What does it mean to be a Pure Ocean ambassador ?
- Supporting our foundation and our projects
- Protecting your background
- Talking about Pure Ocean and raising awareness about the causes the foundation supports
- Be part of a committed team
What are the benefits of joining Pure Ocean ?
- Give meaning to your actions by supporting a committed foundation
- Making concrete progress for the ocean
- Have access to the Pure Ocean network of sponsors
- Receive assistance in terms of global and scientific communication
What is your role ?
- Communicate about Pure Ocean in your social network
- Raise awareness about the protection of marine biodiversity at your sporting events
- Participate in beach clean up, conferences/webinars
- Meet with scientific project leaders
- Raise funds
- Organize a Race for Pure Ocean
How does the partnership works ?
- Collaboration of 1 year renewable
- Organization of the partnership according to your sports schedule
You are interested in joining the team ?
Do not hesitate to apply by contacting Clément Pourtal, Race for Pure Ocean Project Manager, introducing yourself and explaining your sport and your relationship with the ocean !